Updated July 04 2013
2013 CPL All-Star Hitting Challenge Participants Named
The Coastal Plain League announced the 2013 CPL All-Star Hitting Challenge participants today.
The hitting challenge will consist of six hitters on each of the West and East CPL All-Star teams and three rounds of competition.
Please see below for a complete list of the rules and participants:
2013 CPL All-Star Hitting Challenge Rules
- Three Rounds, Ten (10) swings per round
- Six (6) Hitters per All-Star Team
- Targets throughout the outfield will carry different point totals. Home runs will be worth the most points. There will be obstacles that could deduct points if hit as well.
- Points from every round rollover to the next round.
Round 1: Six (6) hitters from the West and Six (6) from the East
- Top three (3) hitters from both clubs advance to next round
Round 2: Three (3) hitters from the West and Three (3) from the East
- Top one (1) hitter (combined points from round 1 and 2) from the West and from the East advance to final round
Round 3: Top hitter from the West vs. top hitter from the East
- Hitter with most total points after round three (points from rounds 1-3 combined) is crowned Champion
West All-Star Participants:
1) Luke Tendler (North Carolina A&T / Asheboro Copperheads)
2) Zachary Bellinger (College of Saint Rose / Florence RedWolves)
3) Matt Reistetter (Hofstra / Asheboro Copperheads)
4) Allen Staton (North Greenville / Columbia Blowfish)
5) Kyle Brandenburg (High Point / High Point-Thomasville HiToms)
6) Ty Barkell (USC-Aiken / Forest City Owls)
East All-Star Participants:
1) Josh Hampton (Wilmington University / Edenton Steamers)
2) Ryan Cranmer (Newberry College / Morehead City Marlins)
3) Nick Thompson (East Carolina / Edenton Steamers)
4) Adam Kirsch (Texas Tech / Edenton Steamers)
5) Jordan Negrini (Old Dominion / Peninsula Pilots)
6) Ridge Gonsoulin (LSU-Shreveport / Wilson Tobs)
About the Coastal Plain League:
The Coastal Plain League is the nation’s hottest summer collegiate baseball league. Celebrating its 17th season in 2013, the CPL features 14 teams playing in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. The CPL gives college players the chance to refine their skills with the use of wooden bats. Players are housed with local host families for the summer and past experiences have been very positive for both players and hosts. Further more, the CPL has had nearly 1,100 alumni drafted and 63 alums – including 2011 AL MVP and Cy Young winner Justin Verlander – make their Major League debut thus far. For more information on the Coastal Plain League, please visit the league website at CoastalPlain.com, and be sure to friend us on Facebook (at www.facebook.com/coastalplainleague) and follow us via Twitter (as CPLBaseball).